Crew Members live and work outdoors as part of a 5-10 person crew, completing various conservation projects throughout Utah. Crews are trained to use chainsaws and a variety of hand tools to complete projects, which may include invasive species removal, re-vegetation, riparian zone restoration, fence construction, fire mitigation work, habitat surveys, trail construction, and more.
Each UCC crew has a unique season project schedule. Crews may work on one project for the entire season or multiple different projects. Crews may be in the field from 4-10 days in a row. Crews based out of Logan, Cedar City, and Moab camp near their project site for the duration of the project week and generally return to their field office between project weeks.
General Crew Member position description
- No conservation experience needed
- Love of the outdoors necessary
- Must be willing to work hard and be part of a team
- General outdoor experience preferred
Must have ability to complete be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Must be 18 years old by start date
Must be able to pass a Criminal History Check
Must be able to work and commit to the full term of service (start date to end date)
- AmeriCorps Living Allowance
- AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of term of service
- UCC Chainsaw, Trails, and Herbicide Training
- Wilderness First Aid Certification