Crew Members live and work outdoors as part of a 5-10 person crew, completing various conservation projects throughout Utah. Crews are trained to use chainsaws and a variety of hand tools to complete projects, which may include invasive species removal, re-vegetation, riparian zone restoration, fence construction, fire mitigation work, habitat surveys, trail construction, and more.
Each UCC crew has a unique season project schedule. Crews may work on one project for the entire season or multiple different projects. Crews may be in the field from 4-10 days in a row. Crews based out of Logan, Cedar City, and Moab camp near their project site for the duration of the project week and generally return to their field office between project weeks.
General Crew Member position description
- No conservation experience needed
- Love of the outdoors necessary
- Must be willing to work hard and be part of a team
- General outdoor experience preferred
Must have ability to complete required AmeriCorps hours within term of service dates, be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, be 18 years old by start date, and be able to pass a Federal Criminal History Check.
- AmeriCorps Living Allowance
- Eligible for AmeriCorps Education Award
- UCC Chainsaw, Trails, and Rock Work Training
- Wilderness First Aid Certification