Crew Members live and work outdoors as part of a 4-8 person crew, completing various conservation projects in throughout Utah. Crews are trained to use chainsaws and a variety of hand tools to complete projects, which may include invasive species removal, re-vegetation, riparian zone restoration, fence construction, fire mitigation work, habitat surveys, trail construction, and more.
Each UCC crew has a unique season project schedule. They may work on one project for the whole season or multiple different projects. Crews may be in the field from 4-10 days in a row. Crews based out of Logan and Cedar City camp near their project site for the duration of the project week and generally return to their field office between project weeks. Salt Lake City based crews often work in the Salt Lake metro area and will go home to their place of residence each night but must prepared for camping and projects outside of Salt Lake City.
CLICK HERE for the general Crew Member position description.
- No conservation experience needed
- Love of the outdoors necessary
- Must be willing to work hard and be part of a team
- General outdoor experience preferred
Must have ability to complete required AmeriCorps hours within term of service dates, be aU.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, be age 18 by start date, and be able to pass a Federal Criminal History Check.
- AmeriCorps Living Allowance
- Eligible for AmeriCorps Education Award
- UCC Chainsaw, Trails, and Rock Work Training
- Wilderness First Aid Certification