Become a UCC Crew Leader
A Utah Conservation Corps Field Crew Leadership position is a valuable opportunity to develop your leadership skills within the conservation field. UCC Crew Leaders provide mentorship and support for UCC field crew members and complete important service at project sites throughout Utah.
The UCC Crew Leader Development Program is a full year (approximately 10 months) AmeriCorps position. Members spend the spring field season in a Crew Leader In-Training capacity, working on a crew with fellow crew leaders to develop essential leadership and technical skills. During the spring season, the member completes projects on public lands and receives in-field training by UCC Staff at project sites.
Upon demonstration of the necessary skills and competencies required to lead a crew, the Crew Leader in Training will take on a Field Crew Leader position for the summer and fall field seasons. Field Crew Leaders are responsible for preparing and leading a 5 to 10 person crew, ensuring that UCC policies and procedures are followed, serving as a mentor to crew members, communicating with project sponsors, and recording important project outcome data.
UCC field crews generally camp near their project site during the project week and return to their field office location for off time between projects. Members in the Crew Leader Development Program are expected to have a place of residence near their field office location.
The Crew Leader position is a full-time AmeriCorps term requiring a ten-month commitment.
Term Dates: February 24 - November 20, 2020
Locations: Logan, Moab & Cedar City, UT
Positions open until filled.
- Americorps Living Allowance: $725.00 paid twice per month for spring; $825.00 paid twice per month for summer and fall
- AmeriCorps Education Award (upon successful completion of term of service): $6,095.00
- Health Insurance Benefit
- Forbearance on qualifying student loans while in service
- Leadership Development
- Wilderness First Responder Certification (awarded upon successful completion of term of service)
- UCC Chainsaw Training
- Trail Construction, Design, and Maintenance Training
- Herbicide Application Training